2011 Sweet Cuppin Cakes Juried Contests is Coming! There will be 12 contests and 60 chosen Jury Members Original jury contest retro artwork can be seen at Sugar and Meringue Blog.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Kerry Writes to the Contestants in Fantourage

Quoting Kerry Vincent from Fantourage 
"The Kerry Bear results are in, since Lyndsay in mourning I have decided since there there is some anxiety about the results I am announcing this morning. First I have to say it was very difficult weighing each bear fairly
There were divine miniatures, some that represented me and others that were technically skilled, innovative and creative and had nothing to do with me as a subject matter, it was not straight forward, separating them to be fair took time.

It was also obvious that there was a lot of skill levels which made my heart bleed because it made it difficult to grant rewards when the levels were so far apart.

I saw very clean work, and some that needed more practice and were growing into their craft but I know that with time these artists, will improve. The enthusiasm that everyone had made everyone a winner and everyone who participated benefited from the experience. I also noticed Kerry Bears from abroad, the attention to detail was lovely. This was a blind judging because I did not know who did what bear

There were little details that were very thoughtful such as my state emblem and that of my adopted home. The chef jackets, the hairbands, the bedding, hand painting, all had great points. There were things that needed watching, cake boards that were not covered, elephant skin, the wrinkly stuff on the surface, just needs more practice and that will go away.

I feel like the 'Girl in the Pearl Earring" I hadn't realized how closely you all were watching even my silver bangles. This is one competition where I wish I could award all, but it is a competition so there must be winners.
I would like the persons who have won to contact me through face book message to give me their identity; I have promised one of my signed chef coats to the outright winner.
Lyndsay will send the other prizes for 2nd and 3rd -- I have no idea what was promised. I will mail the jacket personally.
 I made a final cut from 5, 7, 8, 10, 13, 15, 37, 38. The attention to details on the cookie bears was lovely and a sentimental favourite was the koalas. I chose on technical skills and representation of the theme -- so the winners were!

The winner of the Kerry Bear competition was Kerry Bear 10 followed by # 8 in second and # 38 in third, I listed # 37 as an honorable mention.
 I want to thank you all for your commitment and friendship in this showcase and look forward to staying connected for along time into the future.,

I have decided that all of the competitors in the Kerry Bear Competition deserve a signed picture so please send me a facebook message with your addresses to send. Please have patience I am up to my eyeballs in the sugar art show so will have to send when it is over.

Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment