2011 Sweet Cuppin Cakes Juried Contests is Coming! There will be 12 contests and 60 chosen Jury Members Original jury contest retro artwork can be seen at Sugar and Meringue Blog.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Best Sugar Cookies from Julie

I received this recipe from an online friend and I love it! All my sugar cookies are from this recipe. So are my linzer cookies, filled with lemon curd... Oh yeah...

Best Sugar Cookies

2 c. sugar
2 c. butter
3 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract
Cream above together, then add:
1 tsp. salt
6 c. flour – add only enough of the flour to the creamed mixture to handle the dough (I use between 5 and 5-1/2 cups) without being tough. Chill dough about an hour. Roll cookies out on floured board and cut with cookie cutters. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Decorate with royal icing or buttercream.

It does make a big batch and yes, you can freeze the dough. I do it every year for holiday cookies. Just thaw it in the fridge a day or two before baking and you’re good to go.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment