2011 Sweet Cuppin Cakes Juried Contests is Coming! There will be 12 contests and 60 chosen Jury Members Original jury contest retro artwork can be seen at Sugar and Meringue Blog.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Royal Frosting Tutorial From our Guest Judge Bridget Don't you love the thrill?



Royal Icing 102 . . . or 201 . . . or whatever comes after 101

If you've been reading the blog for a while, you might have seen my post titled "Royal Icing 101." This is how I made royal icing for years...and it worked well...most of the time.

Sometimes, though, I had problems with my icing. Some days it looked dull; sometimes the piping cracked; sometimes the flood icing was filled with little holes.

So, I've done some reading and some experimenting and I've made some changes. Who knows...maybe in 6 months, I'll be doing a post called "Royal Icing 103" (or 301, or whatever), but here's what is working for me these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment