2011 Sweet Cuppin Cakes Juried Contests is Coming! There will be 12 contests and 60 chosen Jury Members Original jury contest retro artwork can be seen at Sugar and Meringue Blog.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Create a Kerry Vincent Bear Competition

You have arrived to the Kerry Bear Art Competition. Kerry Vincent FOOD NETWORK CHALLENGE JUDGE and The Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show and myself Lyndsay Zoratti of Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery have united to bring you this fantastic opportunity to show Kerry your best bear!

Kerry will judge the bears herself and name the Kerry Bear on October 3, 2010 at the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show! We are not going to tell you what the winner receives as it is a surprise prize and all I will tell you is that Kerry is amazing to offer this prize.

You will see a link at the side here --------> on which to click to enter the conest. You must do the following:

After you have joined Kerry Vincent and left the comment Kerry Bear along with a statement about Kerry (why you adore her etc) You still must wait to be invited to the cake crew of Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery. As you create your bear you may upload a photo to show us how you are fairing! You can use any edible medium, the entire bear must be edible. Your bear can include a couple of props if you need, the judging is solely of your bear. No rice krispie treats and no moulds please! We cannot advise you in any way.

This contest will have 3 tiers, but only one grand prize winner. The 2nd and third place bears will receive recognition and again a surprise prize selected by Kerry Vincent. Through out this contest we will unveil our sponsors and prizes they are offering. These prizes will be awarded during the contest and will be for certain challenges we offer you aside from the bear. These side challenges will be posted in fantourage and here.

There will be no tolerance of ill will and cruelty and you will be disqualified at once. This is by NO means a fan hunt for Kerry Vincent or myself. We will not tolerate point stuffing. (begging people to join for the sake of your points)

Your bear bust be completely edible and you must keep your bear as we will have you mail the bear near the closing date. All photos must be uploaded to fantourage no later than September 15th 2010.
You may also continue on your journey to win the tickets to the Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show once you are a member of Fantourage. We encourage you to mainstream this and introduce people to the sugar arts.

If you plan on entering a bear please leave me your contact info via a comment below so we can make sure we know our contestants as we move along.
Any questions regarding the Kerry Bear Competition may also be asked on this forum and you will be provided an answer!
This competition is open to everyone NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!

We are calling to all artists and our mission is to have the sugar arts recognized as an art form and not just something for cake! GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN, SIMPLE RULES, and a FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL WHO PARTICIPATE! The bears will be used for my publication given your permission.

Sweet Regards,

Kerry and Lyndsay

44 comments:

  1. Please do comment here should you decide to compete so I can keep a running tab on all competitors info. Thanks everyone for all your emails and queries.
    Lyns

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about attempting a Kerry Bear! I have a great idea...which will hopefully improve on my skills and show my playful, creative side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelle I am excited to see your bear! Did you sign up in Fantourage as well? Everytime you take on a new project only good can come out of it! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of really want to enter this. I'm concerned about the mailing part tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not be concerned as your piece will set up and I can guide you through the packing process. We look forward to seeing your bear! No fretting allowed! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I will try this out. I love experimenting with fun new projects, we'll see if it turns out I guess! Keep me updated. My e-mail is frostedwithlove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please make sure to sign up in fantourage and leave a comment! You will join the cake crew there! Good luck and welcome frosted with love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm IN!!!!!! I mean KERRY VINCENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No lacking in creativity, the challenging part will be the "tidey" perfecting of quality details that Kerry brings out in me. If DaVinci is stopping by to see my latest painting, I think I'd re-assess it's quality!I do have a website & blog if it's of any value...www.cucurbitacakes.com & cucurbitacakes.blogspot.com This is still unreal to me. Lyndsay and Kerry are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Mrs Two Parts Sugar!! I cannot wait either!
    Mrs Cucurbitacakes thank you very very much for the links and the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I uploaded a pic of my bear on Fantourage. What is the next step I need to take?
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh how exciting to be a part of a great contest! Kerry Vincent is my Sugar Idol...love her! I cannot wait to get started on my Kerry Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in, Lyns! pdxtigger on fantourage here. I'm looking forward to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops! darned non-caffeinated fingers! tiggerpdx, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have you all nicely tucked into my cake crew! Thanks everyone! September 15th is the cut off day. Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Lyndsay for setting up this contest. I can't wait to get started on my Kerry Bear. Oh! the million ideas have to be whittled down to one bear. I have already signed up for your crew but just wanted to let you know I am making a bear. Are the things stated above the only rules? My fantourage id is bannette. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Lyndsay, Am I all ready signed up? Thanks, I have been getting remarks on my Kerry Bear here at home. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lyns,

    Did you post a rule somewhere about no cake "props" with our bears? ;) I can't find it... no worries, I don't start my bear until tomorrow, or when the dining room gets a little cooler!
    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All rules are now posted, then there is logic! Other than that let's have fun work together for the love of sugar arts and bring in some artists from all over the world! We each have much to learn and to teach. I am very excited! Scott I am singling you out as you were the kind heart to remind me to make sure the "no cake was here as it is in fantourage" For that you get a gold star and can send me a cake anytime you like =o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lyns,

    Right-o! I'll "get right on that!" LOL

    On that note....I have some notes, and sketching to get done until I can start my bear!
    Her, and 3 other figures I need to start SOON!

    Hope you're feeling better,
    ~ S

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lyndsay, saw the info on Kerry's FanTourage site and Scott has said he was making one. Think we will give it a shot. Let us know, Lisa at Just Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome Lisa we look forward to seeing your best bear! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, I would like to enter the contest. I signed up on Fantourage. E-mail is cityplanner03@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to enter into the Kerry Bear contest. I've signed up on Fantourage, left a comment and my username is jmeyer814. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do other that post my image of my bear; oh, and be invited as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Joanna
    This is terrific and we all look forward to seeing your best bear! If you have any questions please ask and it there is anything you would like to discuss please start a thread in our flickr photo page. Good luck Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  26. Count me in. You can email me at raingiver@yahoo.com.

    Super excited. This is really going to stretch me since I'm new to this. But isn't that the point? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd like to enter the contest. I'm having a difficult time getting Fantourage to accept my Facebook information. Is there anything else I need to do in order to enter?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was able to create a profile on Fantourage with the user name JustForYouSweets. I've left a comment there and here. I can be reached at justforyousweets@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just found this contest today when I got a post from Louise at CakeJournal (one of my favorite sites!). I would love to enter this contest...now that the kids are in school I have a bit of free time! I realize the deadline is close but I think I will have plenty of time. My email is nancycm10@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love in australia am i qualified to join this competition? :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know that I am cutting it close with this possible entry but I only learned about this contest today from CakeJournal.com. Since this is my first cake contest entry I am curious as the final result is to be mailed out are we to use only fondant to create the body or are we able to use gumpaste as that hardens better? Let me know...I look forward to tackling this project.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have now joined Kerry's page on Fantourage. I cannot find a contest entry button on this page though. If you could please let me know where I go now other than to inform you that my email is: mymike33@hotmail.com and I look forward to entering a bear for your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey there...I'm in Canada, I would love to compete, am I allowed? Thanks so much
    my email is raggyroo_jess@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello there. I'm a cakes and cake decorating enthusiast here in Manila, Philippines. Am I qualified to join?

    My email is cecillesia@gmail.com & clsia70@yahoo.com

    Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello from big ole Texas! Thank you for letting a novice like me join in the fun! Not sure if my little bear will measure up, but sure had a good time making her. Thank you to all the artisans who share their wonderful information online.

    Good luck, everyone!
    My email is luckyjonesx4@gmail.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi .I love cake decorating.I'm in NY ,am i qualified to join?
    My email is europecakes@yahoo.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi,I learned about Kerry Bear contest thru the Cake Journal. I am a big fan of Kerry Vincent, she is elegant and I would like to make an elegant bear like her too.my e-mail is mn91789@gmail.com. My blog is mycakedelite.blogspot.com
    Thank you.
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi! I would LOVE to make a bear for this contest! I just made my first cake last week.. So I am hoping I can do okay on this one!! But my email is hannah.price09@yahoo.com I would love to be sent information on any other contests you have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  39. "Kerry bear.. I Would love to enter the contest!
    My email is angelicstyle@hotmail.com
    thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello, I've just heard about the contest form Cake Journal one of my favorite sites, but i'm in Portugal can I participate as well? my contact is essenciadobolo@sapo.pt
    Hpe to hear from you thanks

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just found this through CakeJournal, I know it's cutting it close but I think I can pull it off :)
    Can't wait to start my Kerry Bear!

    Jessica
    yourstrulytx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Welcome everyone! You have all been added to my cake crew and can enter your bears! I wish you all luck and thank you so much for being a part of this very special sharing of the sugar arts! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  43. Kerry Bear...
    It was so much fun dressing up my sweet Kerry Bear. I consider Kerry Vincent the Simon Cowell and Chef Ramsey of the cake decorating world. Her comments are honest (sometimes brutally honest) but she's earned the right. Best wishes to you...
    ginishida@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete